146 civilian casualties out of 1048 were killed in October 2018
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights documented the death of 1048 people in October 2018, and they were distributed as follows:
Civilian casualties: 146 people including 35 children under the age of eighteen, and 12 women over the age of eighteen, and they were killed as follows:
- 9 citizens including 4 children and 3 citizen women were killed in shelling by the regime forces.
- 5 citizens were killed under torture in Syrian security prisons.
- 3 citizens were killed in targeting and the fall of mortar shells launched by the rebel and Islamic factions.
- 3 citizens including a child were killed by the Turkish border guards.
- 6 citizens including 1 woman were executed by the “Islamic State” organization.
- 9 citizens were killed by the factions.
- 57 including 12 children and 5 citizen women were killed in airstrikes by International Coalition.
- 38 citizens including 12 children and a woman were killed in unknown circumstances.
- 5 citizens including 2 children and 2 women died due to bad health condition and the lack of necessary treatment.
- 11 citizens including 4 children were killed in the explosion of booby-trapped vehicles.
Syrian fighters of Islamic and repel factions and the SDF and other movements and organizations: 533
The regime forces: 42
Members of the Popular Committees, and the National Defense Forces, and militiamen loyal to the regime forces of Syrian nationalities: 80
Fighters of militiamen loyal to the regime of non-Syrian nationalities mostly of Shiite people: 12
Unidentified people: 8
Fighters of Islamic and repel factions and ISIS and Nusra Front (Qaeda organization of the Levant), and Mujahedeen and al-Ansar Army and Islamic Turkestan Party of non-Syrian nationalities: 227
And the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights documented 6 massacres during September 2018, which left 65 civilian casualties including 15 children and 7 citizen women, where the International Coalition warplanes carried out 4 massacres which killed 53 citizens including 12 children and 4 citizen women, while the regime forces carried out a massacre claimed the lives of 7 citizens including 3 children and 3 women, while the “Islamic State” organization carried out a massacre by executing 5 citizens.
And despite the conferences calling for dialogue and solution, and the UNSC resolution and the unreal truces, the bloodshed continues on the Syrian territory and the killing and fighting continues without peace, and the cease-fire truces are only breaks between the conflicting parties in Syrian, where some parties were winners and others lost influence and control, so, we in the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, reiterates our calls for the international parties to do their utmost efforts to stop the bloodshed of the Syrian people, who faced tyranny and injustice to reach a state of justice, democracy, freedom and equality, and we the Syrian Observatory pledge to continue to monitor and document the massacres, violations, war crimes and crimes against humanity committed against the Syrian people, in addition to the publication of statistics about them in order to stop the perpetration of these crimes, violations and atrocities against the Syrian people, and to refer the perpetrators of these violations to the concerned courts of the state, so as not to escape their punishment for the crimes they committed against the people who was and still dream of having a state of democracy, freedom, justice and equality for all components of the Syrian people.