المرصد السوري لحقوق الانسان
The Syrian Observatory For Human Rights

Syrian Red Crescent refuses to allow the United Nation to establish a new camp to accommodate the displaced people in Al-Hasakah .. and medical sources call for accomplishing the new camps as soon as possible to avoid catastrophic situations as winter approaches

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights learned from reliable sources, that Syrian Red Crescent that belongs to the regime, refuses to allow the United Nation to establish a new camp in the area of Al-Hasakah to accommodate people displaced from Ras Al-Ayn and Tal Abyad, whose number exceeded 300000 persons who have been displaced due to the Turkish military operation “Peace Spring”.

According to reliable sources; there were attempts to be in contact with the United Nations to establish a new camp in Al-Hasakah area to accommodate people displaced from Ras Al-Ayn and Tal Abyad.

For all we know, Syrian Red Crescent refuses until this moment, to allow the UN to establish this new camp in Al-Hasakah, as this area belongs to the regime and the UN is not allowed to enter it to establish the camp.

It is confirmed that Syrian Red Crescent obtains its information and instructions from the State Security Branch and Al-Hasakah governorate.

The sources also informed SOHR that it seems that the regime prefers policy to the people.

Recently, the humanitarian situation is so poor, and  when the Autonomous Administration liberated Deir Ezzor area, it established Arishah Camp, so why this intransigence to be against the displaced people of the areas of the Turkish military operation?

Reliable sources told SOHR, that Washukani Camp between Al-Hasakah and Tal Tamr, accommodates about 40 families until now, where expansions are underway.

The sources said “Refugee Organization is supposed to be in charge of delivering the tents of the displaced people in the camp, but until now, they have not granted anything because Al-Hasakah governorate has not approved, where the branch of Refugee Organization refuses to grant any assistance without the governor’s approval.”

The sources pointed out the fact that there is a large number of injuries among citizens and fighters, being taken to the hospital, where some of the civilian injuries confirmed that they were subjected to blackmail actions by the pro-Turkey factions, including requests to pay sums of money reaches 25000 USD although the age of some of them exceeded 70, the sources said “most of those who have been subjected to blackmail actions were Kurdish, while the Arabs had no troubles except those who were working in institutions close to the Autonomous Administration.”

 The sources confirmed that there are preparations by some of relief organization for working again in the area after the U.S announced that it will remain in the area, since they cross the Iraqi border via the crossing points that are under the US’s control as they are not licensed by the Syrian government.

In the case that the regime takes the control of these crossings, the situation will be disastrous, as the assistance will be too little and there will not be facilitation of the assistance distribution, also there are many violations during the assistance distribution and it do not go neutrally.

The sources added “one of the vehicles of an organization affiliated to the regime, was detonated in Al-Hasakah without revealing the reason so far, but there were no injuries and the damage was limited to material only”, pointing to the fact that “the camp of the Yazidis is being set up in addition to other camps near Tal Abyad, in order to accommodate the displaced people, that is why we need to quickly prepare them and draw approvals by the United Nation in order to avoid the issue of approaching winter.

Since the early hours of Wednesday morning, October 9, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights has monitored the displacement of civilians from different parts of the Euphrates region, fleeing the Turkish military operation in the area. According to the statistics of the “Observatory”, the number of displaced exceeded 300 thousand civilians displaced from their towns, cities and villages, where the movement of civilians continues from their areas in Tal Abyad, Ras Al-Ain, Darbasiyah, Ain Al Arab, Ain Issa and other areas east of the Euphrates at the border with Turkey. According to Syrian Observatory statistics Human rights, the number of displaced people exceeded 300 thousand civilians toward the depth of the region, amid the difficult humanitarian situation in the region due to the huge numbers of displaced persons and their destination, in the shadow of the lack assistance by the international organizations relevant to the displaced people and humanitarian situations, and after a large number of relief organization left the area of east Euphrates after the entry of regime forces to them, as these organizations are not formally licensed by the Syrian regime’s authority.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept