المرصد السوري لحقوق الانسان
The Syrian Observatory For Human Rights

An entire family tragically perish as primitive wood-burner stove malfunctions in refugee tent, and a little girl dies of hypothermia

A man, his wife and their two child girls died of smoke inhalation inside their tent in “Deiaa 3” camp, near Killi town in Idlib countryside because of primitive wood-burner stove malfunctions. According to very reliable SOHR sources, a family of four persons (Mohamed Hamada, his wife Amun Al-Salim and their two children Huda and Hur) who were displaced from Kafruma town in the southern countryside of Idlib, all suffocated to death after inflaming coal in an old wood-burner stove inside their tent as they unable to buy a new stove.

“The wood-burner stove was outside the tent during night, but bitterly cold forced the family to bring it into the tent which has no funnels for discharging smoke, the matter which caused death of all four members. The family’s neighbors found their dead bodies and took them to a nearby medical post which revealed that the four persons died after inhaling smoke of the wood-burner stove” the sources added.

Meanwhile, a displaced child girl died in Afrin Hospital in the wake of the refugees’ catastrophic humanitarian conditions. Reliable sources informed SOHR that the girl’s father thought that his daughter suffer from simple illness, so he headed to Afrin Hospital at 5:00 am and walked for nearly two hours amid freezing temperature as he has no means of transportation. The girl had died of hypothermia before her father reached the hospital.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept