Idlib deteriorating security: young man found dead in Al-Aasi River and indiscriminate gunfire kills a little girl
Idlib Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: Syrian Observatory sources have reported that a little girl was killed after being hit with random gunshot in border refugee camps near Deir Hassan town.
Separately, the body of a young man was found in Al-Aasi River near Mishmishan town in Jisr Al-Shughur countryside.
On February 28, SOHR activists reported that unidentified woman was killed and her body was dumped into Al-Aasi River. It turned to be killed a few days earlier with gunshot at head.
As more fatalities were documented, the number of people who have been killed in the countryside of Idlib, Aleppo, and Hama since the 26th of April 2018, the date of starting the security chaos to be escalated in these provinces, rose to 619. They were assassinated by bomb attacks, IED detonations, gunfire, abductions and then killing and throwing the bodies in remote areas. The fatalities were distributed as follows:
- A fighter in Turkistan Islamic Party
- The wife of an Uzbek commander and another child was with her
- The attorney-general of the Ministry of Justice of the Salvation Government
- 176 civilians, including 22 children and 17 women
- 375 fighters of Syrian nationality belong to Hayyaat Tahrir al-Sham, al-Sham Corps, the Islamic Movement of Ahrar al-Sham, Jaysh al-Izza, and other factions operating in Idlib
- 66 fighters of Somali, Uzbek, Asian, Gulf, Jordanian, Turkish and Caucasian nationalities.
Meanwhile, the assassination attempts have injured tens of people with varying severity.