Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: reliable sources have informed the Syrian Observatory that a military official, who was in charge of armament of opposition factions in “Al-Mouk” operation room, was found dead after returning from Jordan to Daraa. The official and another persons were assassinated yesterday in Um Al-Mayazen town in the eastern countryside of Daraa
According to SOHR sources, the military official returned to Daraa after regime forces and commissions, responsible for striking reconciliation deals, had promised him that he would not face security issues.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 353 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs and bomb-vehicles. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 219 persons, they are as follows:
- 45 civilians, including five women and four children
- 113 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 39 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 16 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- Six members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.