Security vacuum Daraa: failed assassination attempt targets soldier of the 4th Division in Yarmouk Basin
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: Syrian Observatory sources have reported that unknown assailants opened fire on a soldier of the 4th Division’s ally forces in Sahem Al-Golan in Yarmouk Basin, west of Daraa. The soldier sustained injuries.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 358 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs and bomb-vehicles. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 220 persons, they are as follows:
- 45 civilians, including five women and four children
- 114 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 39 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 16 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- Six members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.