Deteriorating security in Daraa: assassination attempt targets two young people
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: Syrian Observatory activists say that unknown assailants shot two young people in Masakin Jilin area, leaving one injured.
It is noteworthy that Masakin Jilin experienced fierce clashes two days ago, between regime forces and local gunmen.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 366 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs and bomb-vehicles. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 222 persons, they are as follows:
- 45 civilians, including five women and four children
- 114 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 41 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 16 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- Six members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.