Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: activists have informed the Syrian Observatory that unknown assailants opened fire on a former opposition commander in an area between Daraa Al-Balad and Nasib town.
The commander, who have had his security situation settled with the regime and joined the military security, died instantly while two of his escorts sustained injuries.
It is noteworthy that the former commander used to deal directly with the Lebanese Hezbollah in Daraa.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 372 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs and bomb-vehicles. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 224 persons, they are as follows:
- 47 civilians, including five women and four children
- 114 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 41 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 17 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- Six members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.