Regime soldier assassinated in Daraa Al-Balad
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: as assassinations are escalating in Daraa province, SOHR activists have documented the killing of a regime soldier in the “military security services”, after being shot by unknown assailants in Daraa Al-Balad in Daraa city.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 373 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs and bomb-vehicles. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 224 persons, they are as follows:
- 47 civilians, including five women and four children
- 115 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 41 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 17 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- Six members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.