Unknown assailants assassinate member of regime political security in rural Daraa
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: Syrian Observatory activists have documented the killing of a member of the regime political security services in Daraa province in southern Syria. According to SOHR sources, the victim was shot dead by unknown assailants on Sahem Al-Golan – Jilin road in the western countryside of Daraa. The gunmen also stole teachers’ salaries from a headmaster who was escorting the victim.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 374 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs and bomb-vehicles. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 225 persons, they are as follows:
- 47 civilians, including five women and four children
- 116 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 41 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 17 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- Six members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.