Daraa’s instability: unknown gunmen open fire on member of “People’s Council” in Inkhil and others kill person near Tafas
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: SOHR sources have reported that unknown assailants opened fire on a member of “People’s Council” in Inkhil city but they missed him.
Separately, unknown assailants shot dead a person near Tafas town in the north-western countryside of Daraa.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 380 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs and bomb-vehicles. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 225 persons, they are as follows:
- 47 civilians, including five women and four children
- 117 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 41 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 16 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- Six members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.