Deteriorating security in Daraa: a person found dead in western countryside
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: Syrian Observatory sources say that a person was found dead in the area between Jilin and Sahem Al-Julan in the western countryside of Daraa. According to belongings found with the victim, it has been revealed that he is from Ain Tarma town in Rif Dimashq, and he is the father of one of regime slain soldiers.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 410 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs and bomb-vehicles. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 250 persons, they are as follows:
- 51 civilians, including five women and four children
- 133 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 44 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 17 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- Six members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.