Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: Syrian Observatory activists have reported that a new explosion hit the eastern countryside of Daraa, caused by an IED which exploded in a vehicle affiliated to regime forces on the road to Kharba.
The explosion killed one regime soldier and injured two others.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 411 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs and bomb-vehicles. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 252 persons, they are as follows:
- 51 civilians, including five women and four children
- 134 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 44 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 17 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- Six members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.