Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: reliable sources have informed the Syrian Observatory that unknown gunmen opened fire with heavy machineguns on regime checkpoint on the eastern outskirts of Al-Sahwah town in the eastern countryside of Daraa in the early hours of Thursday morning.
No casualties have been reported yet.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 427 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 265 persons, and they are as follows:
- 59 civilians, including six women and four children
- 138 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 45 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 17 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- Six members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.