Regime security official assassinated in Daraa
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: Syrian Observatory sources have reported that unknown assailants shot dead a member of the regime’s “Military Security” near Kafr Nasij town in rural Daraa.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 428 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 266 persons, and they are as follows:
- 59 civilians, including six women and four children
- 139 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 45 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 17 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- Six members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.