Nine regime soldiers kidnapped and killed in attack by unknown assailants on Al-Muzayrib District
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: reliable sources have informed the Syrian Observatory that unknown assailants attacked Al-Muzayrib District in the western countryside of Daraa. The attackers kidnapped nine regime soldiers who were stationed in the district. The kidnapped soldiers were shot dead later and their bodies were thrown near “Al-Ghabsheh” roundabout in Al-Muzayrib town.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 435 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 280 persons, and they are as follows:
- 61 civilians, including six women and four children
- 152 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 45 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 17 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- Six members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.