IED attacks | Explosion in military vehicle kills one person in rural Jisr al-Shughour
SOHR sources reported hearing an explosion this afternoon in the village of Al-Qunaya in northern countryside of Jisr al-Shughour, caused by an improvised explosive device (IED) exploded in a military vehicle of jihadist factions near the village, killing an unidentified person and burning the vehicle in which he was travelling.
The number of people who have been killed in the countryside of Idlib, Aleppo, Hama and Latakia since the 26th of April 2018, as the security chaos escalated in the province, has risen to 632. They were assassinated by bomb attacks, IED detonations, gunfire, abductions and then killing and throwing the bodies in remote areas. The fatalities are broken down as follows:
- A fighter in Turkistan Islamic Party.
- The wife of an Uzbek commander and another child was with her.
- The attorney-general of the Ministry of Justice of the “Salvation Government”.
- 183 civilians, including 23 children and 18 women.
- 381 fighters of Syrian nationality belong to Hayyaat Tahrir al-Sham, al-Sham Corps, the Islamic Movement of Ahrar al-Sham, Jaysh al-Izza, and other factions operating in Idlib.
- 68 fighters of Somali, Uzbek, Asian, Gulf, Jordanian, Turkish and Caucasian nationalities.
Meanwhile, the assassination attempts have injured tens of people with varying degrees of severity.