Assassinations | Unknown gunmen shoot dead two members of the regime’s “15th Division” in eastern Daraa
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: SOHR sources have confirmed that two members of the regime’s “15th Division” were assassinated on the road between Al-Msifreh and Um Walad in the eastern countryside of Daraa.
According to SOHR sources, unknown gunmen shot the two regime soldiers at head, while they were going to their unit in the “15th Division” in Al-Suwaidaa province.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 477 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 312 persons, and they are as follows:
- 76 civilians, including seven women and seven children
- 164 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 49 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 17 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- Six members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.