Daraa attacks | Six people killed or wounded in yesterday’s attack on “Daraa Central Committee” in Al-Muzayrib
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: SOHR activists have documented a spike in the number of casualties following the attack which targeted a group of “Daraa Central Committee” in Al-Muzayrib town in the western countryside of Daraa in the past few hours.
Three people were killed, including a commander, while three others sustained injuries in an ambush by unknown gunmen near the canned food factory in the town. Meanwhile, tension is growing in the area with “Daraa Central Committee”, which comprises ex-fighters of opposition factions, being on high alert.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 480 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 315 persons, and they are as follows:
- 77 civilians, including seven women and seven children
- 164 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 51 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 17 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- Six members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.