Security campaign | Regime forces and “Air-Force Intelligence” sweep areas in eastern Daraa for suspects
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: reliable sources have informed the Syrian Observatory that regime forces have swept “Al-Badw” area on the outskirts of the Western Al-Gharya town in the eastern countryside of Daraa. This campaign comes with the aim of searching for suspects. However, no further details have been reported about the outcomes of this campaign.
Meanwhile, security groups affiliated to the “Air-Force Intelligence” have deployed on the road between Al-Gharya and Al-Sorah in eastern Daraa, as a part of completion of the regime’s sweeping operations and searching for suspects.
SOHR sources reported earlier this day, that a person was injured following a failed assassination attempt by unknown assailants who shot him in Daraa Al-Balad in Daraa city. SOHR activists documented another assassination attempt on the outskirts of Daraa city, as unknown gunmen opened fire on a teacher, which injured him.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 498 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 327 persons, and they are as follows:
- 80 civilians, including seven women and seven children
- 169 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 52 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 17 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- Six members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.