IED attacks | Explosion kills three persons in Daraa
SOHR activists have reported hearing an explosion in Daraa city in southern Syria. The explosion was caused by the detonation of an IED near Al-Abbasiyah roundabout in Daraa Al-Ballad, which killed three persons, including two former opposition fighters, and injured two others.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 502 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 331 persons, and they are as follows:
- 82 civilians, including seven women and seven children
- 169 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 54 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 17 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- Six members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.