Daraa security vacuum | Former opposition faction found dead in eastern countryside
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: Syrian Observatory activists have documented the killing of a former fighter of opposition factions a few days after communication with him was lost, who abandoned fighting after the regime’s control of Daraa province. The ex-fighter was found dead with marks of gunshots on his body in Al-nakhlah area, near Naseeb town in the eastern countryside of Daraa. The circumstances of the former fighter’s death have yet to be known.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 531 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 354 persons, and they are as follows:
- 86 civilians, including eight women and eight children
- 175 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 57 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 19 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 19 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.