Security vacuum in Daraa | Regime indiscriminate gunfire kills girl and injures others
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: Syrian Observatory activists have documented the death of a five-year old girl and the injury of others due to indiscriminate gunfire by regime forces in Daraa Al-Balad. According to SOHR sources, regime forces stationed at “Al-Madrasah” checkpoint and in “Al-Raslan” building opened fire indiscriminately, attempting to hit the gunmen who tried to assassinate a drug dealer a short time earlier.
SOHR sources have just reported that unknown gunmen opened fire on a drug dealer in Daraa Al-Balad this evening. The gunfire injured a civilian who was passing by, while the drug dealer survived the assassination attempt.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 539 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 361 persons, and they are as follows:
- 91 civilians, including nine women and nine children
- 175 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 57 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 19 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 19 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.