Explosions and attacks on regime checkpoints | Daraa security chaos on the rise
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: As security situation in Daraa province is deteriorating, SOHR activists have documented several new incidents. In Al-Karak Al-Sahrqi town, unknown gunmen attacked checkpoint of the regime’s “Air-Force Intelligence” followed by fierce clashes between the two sides. Meanwhile, an IED went off in Daraa city. Also a grenade exploded in the western neighbourhood in Jasim city in northern Daraa.
No casualties have been reported yet due to any of these incidents.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 545 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 361 persons, and they are as follows:
- 91 civilians, including nine women and nine children
- 175 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 57 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 19 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 19 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.