Instability in Daraa | Unknown assailants assassinate drug dealer
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: Syrian Observatory activists documented the killing of a person working in narcotics trafficking, as an IED exploded in his car in the neighborhood of Tariq Al-Sadd in Daraa Al-Mahatta in Daraa city.
Separately, unknown gunmen opened fire in the early hours of Thursday morning, on the house of the “Water Department’s head” in Al-Karak Al-Sharqi town in the northern countryside of Daraa. No casualties have been reported.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 547 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 362 persons, and they are as follows:
- 91 civilians, including nine women and nine children
- 176 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 57 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 19 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 19 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.