Deir Ezzor protests | Demonstrators in Gharanij demand the release of prisoners in SDF custody, and improvement of living conditions
SOHR activists have monitored a new demonstration in SDF-held areas, in which residents of Gharanij town in the eastern countryside of Deir Ezzor demanded the release of prisoners in SDF custody and improvement of living conditions. They also called for fighting corruption in the civil councils.
Yesterday, Observatory activists monitored a demonstration in the SDF-controlled town of Al-Izbaa in the northern countryside of Deir Ezzor.
The demonstrators’ demands manifested in the following:
- The toppling of the Syrian regime
- The departure of Iranian militias from Syria
- Arab component to have affective role in the administration of SDF-held areas
- The release of detainees
- The alteration of civil councils
- International Coalition to assume affective participation in finding solutions for the troubles in the area
The demonstrators lifted signboards with slogans written on them read “people want alteration, we want the right person in the right place – Deir Ezzor province has potentials and sources that are enough for a whole country. However, corruption and corrupt officials loot everything – freedom for prisoners”.