Assassination | Unknown gunmen shoot dead ex-fighter of “Jaysh Khaled Ibn Al-Waleed” in rural Daraa
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: unknown assailants on a motorcycle shot dead a former fighter in “Jaysh Khaled Ibn Al-Waleed”, which pledges allegiance to ISIS, while working in a blacksmith shop in Tafas city in the western countryside of Daraa.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 557 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 367 persons, and they are as follows:
- 93 civilians, including nine women and nine children
- 178 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 57 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 19 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 19 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.