Daraa security chaos | Two civilians shot dead in Jasem
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: unknown gunmen opened fire on a civilians at a phone store in Jasim city in the northern countryside of Daraa, killing a young man and a girl and injuring another young man. This attack comes as a part of the deteriorating security situation across Daraa province in southern Syria.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 561 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 372 persons, and they are as follows:
- 97 civilians, including ten women and nine children
- 179 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 57 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 19 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 19 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.