Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: SOHR activists have reported that an IED exploded this afternoon, in the vehicle of a member of the regime’s “military security”, who had reconciled with security services, in Um Al-Mayazin town in the eastern countryside of Daraa.
According to SOHR sources, the vehicle was carrying the military security member’s brother and his family at the time of the explosion, which caused the injury the driver and killing of his wife and two of his children.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 563 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 375 persons, and they are as follows:
- 100 civilians, including 11 women and 11 children
- 179 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 57 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 19 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 19 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.