Daraa | Uncertainty surrounds the killing of ex-fighter in Daraa Al-Balad
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: SOHR activists have documented the killing of an ex-fighter of opposition factions in Daraa Al-Balad in Daraa city. The fighter was found dead in his car near “Al-Shuhadaa” cemetery in the city, while no further details have been reported about the circumstances of this murder.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 601 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 398 persons, and they are as follows:
- 104 civilians, including 12 women and 11 children
- 184 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 70 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 22 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 19 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.