Assassination | Ex-fighter shot dead in western Daraa
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: as assassinations continue across Daraa province, SOHR activists have documented the killing of a former fighter in opposition factions, after being shot by unknown gunmen in Tafas town in the western countryside of Daraa in the early hours of Monday morning.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 603 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 399 persons, and they are as follows:
- 104 civilians, including 12 women and 11 children
- 184 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 71 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 22 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 19 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.