Coronavirus outbreaks | Autonomous Administration imposes full curfew in areas under its control in Syria
The “Autonomous Administration in northern and north-eastern Syria” issued a statement today, imposing full curfew in areas under its control in Syria. The administration’s decision comes as a part of precautionary measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
The statement reads “in order to protect the people of northern and north-eastern Syria from the infection with the novel coronavirus, especially with the increase of infection cases in Al-Jazeera region reaching 24 cases out of the total number of 30 cases, the Crisis Management Cell in Al-Jazeera region decided to impose a 14-day full curfew from Thursday, appealing to the residents to comply with the social distancing measures and the announced curfew. All violators will be hold accountable.”
The decision of imposing curfew has been stated by the Crisis Management Cell in Al-Jazeera region, announced the following:
- Full curfew to be imposed from August 6 at 06: am until August 20 at 06:00 am.
- Grocery shops, bread bakeries, pharmacies and hospitals are excluded.
- Fuel stations, water tanker trucks, food and medical transport vehicles, and humanitarian and aid organizations are also excluded.
- The movement of farmers and workers only to fields and orchards to be facilitated, taking into consideration the abidance by precautionary measures.
- Medical and dental clinics, laboratories, and radiologists are allowed to open from 11:00 am until 03:00 pm.
- The suspension of work in all Autonomous Administration’s institutions, with the exception of municipalities, electricity and water emergency committees, health clinics and centers, fuel directorates, bakeries, and media institutions.
- The confirmation of adherence to means of protection, social distancing, and terms of the full curfew, and every one violate these terms will be held accountable.