Assassinations | Unknown gunmen shoot dead regime soldier in Daraa Al-Balad
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: SOHR activists have documented the killing of a regime soldier today, after being shot by unknown assailants near Al-Shayyah area in Daraa Al-Balad in Daraa city. It is worth noting that the assassinated solider was on his way to regime positions near the Syria-Jordan border where he performs his military service.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 605 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 401 persons, and they are as follows:
- 104 civilians, including 12 women and 11 children
- 185 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 72 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 22 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 19 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.