Assassinations | Unknown gunmen shoot dead agent of “Air-Force Intelligence” in western Daraa
SOHR activists have documented the killing of an agent of the regime’s “Air-Force Intelligence”, after being shot by unknown assailants on the road to AlSameriyah, in the area between Al-Masaken and Jilin in the western countryside of Daraa.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 606 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 402 persons, and they are as follows:
- 104 civilians, including 12 women and 11 children
- 186 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 72 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 22 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 19 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.