Daraa instability | Unknown gunmen attack regime-backed forces’ checkpoint in western countryside
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: SOHR sources say that unknown assailants opened fire using machineguns in the early hours of Tuesday morning, targeting a checkpoint of the “4th Division in Saham Al-Golan town in the area of Al-Yarmouk Basin in west Daraa countryside. No casualties have been reported yet.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 610 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 403 persons, and they are as follows:
- 104 civilians, including 12 women and 11 children
- 187 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 72 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 22 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 19 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.