Assassination attempt | Unknown gunmen open fire on former judge in “Dar Al-Adl Courthouse” in eastern Daraa
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: as security situation is deteriorating throughout Daraa, SOHR sources say that unknown gunmen opened fire on the Imam of a mosque on the outskirts of Al-Jiza town in the eastern countryside of Daraa. The Imam was injured and taken to a hospital there. It is worth noting that the targeted person was a former judge in “Dar Al-Adl Courthouse” during the opposition factions’ control of Daraa.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 613 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 404 persons, and they are as follows:
- 105 civilians, including 12 women and 11 children
- 187 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 72 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 22 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 19 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.