Assassinations | Unknown gunmen shoot dead municipality’s head and his two children in eastern Daraa
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: as security chaos still continuing throughout Daraa province, reliable SOHR sources have confirmed that unknown gunmen opened fire on the head of Aayb municipality in Al-Lajat area in the eastern countryside of Daraa. The attack resulted in the death of the municipality’s head and his two children (a boy and a girl) who were escorting him. It is worth noting that Al-Lajat area is under the control of Iranian-backed militias.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 614 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 408 persons, and they are as follows:
- 109 civilians, including 12 women and 12 children
- 187 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 72 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 22 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 19 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.