Hezbollah-backed militiaman dies of his wounds in earlier gunfire in eastern Daraa
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: Syrian Observatory activists have documented the killing of a Syrian militiaman working for the Lebanese Hezbollah, succumbing to his wounds sustained in yesterday’s attack by unknown gunmen on the road between Bosra Al-Sham city and Sammad village in the eastern countryside of Daraa.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 616 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 410 persons, and they are as follows:
- 109 civilians, including 12 women and 12 children
- 187 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 72 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 19 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.