Assassination attempt | Unknown assailants open fire on member of “Air-Force Intelligence” in rural Daraa
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: SOHR sources have reported that unknown gunmen opened fire on a former opposition faction, who joined the “Air-Force Intelligence” after reconciliation with the regime’s security services, in Tasil town in Daraa countryside. The attack resulted in the injury of the ex-fighter who was taken later to the hospital.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 632 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 418 persons, and they are as follows:
- 115 civilians, including 12 women and 14 children
- 187 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 74 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 19 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.