Idlib | Unknown gunmen assassinate camp director in rural Harem, and families escape from clashes in camp in rural Ma’rat Misrin
Idlib province- Syrian Observatory for Human Rights:
SOHR sources say that unidentified gunmen in a car targeted this evening the director of al-Salam camp in the village of Barisha in the countryside of Harem city, north of Idlib, killing him instantly, while the killers fled to an unknown destination.
Meanwhile, clashes with light weapons resumed this evening in Maram camp for displaced people near Ma’rat Misrin in Idlib countryside. Dozens of families escaped the camp, fearing indiscriminate gunfire.
According to Observatory sources, a scuffle between two young men has evolved into clashes with individual weapons, leaving injuries on both sides.
The number of people who have been killed in the countryside of Idlib, Aleppo, Hama and Latakia since the 26th of April 2018, as the security chaos escalated in the province, rose to 663. The breakdown of fatalities is as follows:
- A fighter in Turkistan Islamic Party.
- The wife of an Uzbek commander and another child was with her.
- The attorney-general of the Ministry of Justice of the “Salvation Government”.
- 193 civilians, including 23 children and 19 women.
- 387 fighters of Syrian nationalities belong to Hayyaat Tahrir al-Sham, al-Sham Corps, the Islamic Movement of Ahrar al-Sham, Jaysh al-Izza, and other factions operating in Idlib.
- 70 fighters of Somali, Uzbek, Asian, Gulf, Jordanian, Turkish and Caucasian nationalities.
Meanwhile, the assassination attempts have injured tens of people with varying degrees of severity.