Reliable SOHR sources have confirmed that unknown assailants attacked a checkpoint of the regime’s “State Security” in Al-Qahtaniyah area in rural Al-Quneitra. The attack left two members of the State Security Intelligence service dead and others injured, while the attackers managed to escape.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 649 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 424 persons, and they are as follows:
- 118 civilians, including 12 women and 14 children
- 191 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 74 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 19 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.