Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: SOHR sources have reported that unknown gunmen opened fire on an ex-commander of opposition factions in Al-Harrak town in the eastern countryside of Daraa.
It is worth noting that the assassinated person had been a commander in “Shabab Al-Sunnah” faction, before he settled his security situation with the regime’s security services and joined later to the 5th Corps. In addition, the man used to collaborate with the regime’s Military Security and Air-Force Intelligence services.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 651 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 427 persons, and they are as follows:
- 118 civilians, including 12 women and 14 children
- 191 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 76 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 19 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.