Coronavirus in NW Syria | 70 cases recovered so far, and 14 new infection cases detected
Health authorities have recorded new 14 infection cases with COVID-19, and they are as follows:
- Eight cases in Al-Bab city in Aleppo
- Six cases in Idlib province, including four cases in Idlib city, one case in a camp near Sarmada, and one case in Babin village in Ariha.
Meanwhile, the number of recovered cases in north-western Syria has jumped to 70.
According to Observatory statistics, the number of confirmed cases since July 9 has risen to 112, and the breakdown of the cases is as follows:
- Two doctors were in Turkey.
- 49 persons, including medics, in HTS-held areas in Idlib, parts of Aleppo, Hama and Latakia.
- 61 persons in areas under the control of Turkish-backed factions in northern Aleppo.
In August, health authorities documented the first death of a COVID-19 case (an elderly woman) in al-Dana town in Idlib countryside, while another case died in Suran town in north Aleppo countryside.