Assassination attempt | Unknown gunmen shot regime security member in western Daraa
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: Unknown gunmen opened fire on a former opposition fighter, who recently joined the regime’s “military security service” after striking reconciliation deals, in Nawa city in the western countryside of Daraa. The attack resulted in the injury of the ex-fighter and another person escorting him.
Yesterday, SOHR sources reported that unknown gunmen shot dead a member of the Russian-backed 5th Corps in Jasim city in northern Daraa.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 668 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 448 persons, and they are as follows:
- 122 civilians, including 12 women and 15 children
- 208 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 79 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 22 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.