Assassination attempt | Unknown gunmen shoot “collaborator” with regime military security in western Daraa
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: SOHR sources have reported a new assassination attempt in western Daraa, as security chaos is growing across the province. According to SOHR sources, unknown gunmen opened fire on a person dealing with the regime’s military security service in Nawa city in the western countryside of Daraa, while injured him.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 674 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 449 persons, and they are as follows:
- 122 civilians, including 12 women and 15 children
- 209 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 79 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 22 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.