Daraa | Engineering teams dismantle IED, planted in car of pro-regime judge
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: Engineering teams detonated an IED in Al-Taybah village in Daraa countryside. It is worth noting that ED the Ihad been planted by unknown individuals in the car of a judge working in regime government’s institutions.
Yesterday, engineering teams dismantled a homemade IED placed earlier in Panorama park in Daraa city.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 676 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 449 persons, and they are as follows:
- 122 civilians, including 12 women and 15 children
- 209 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 79 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 22 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.