The neighborhood of al- Sheikh Maqsoud witnesses tension after “the Operation Room of Labbayki Ya Oktah” threat of declaring the neighborhood as military zone
Aleppo Province: Several shells, launched by the rebels, landed on the regime- held street of al- Nile leading to wound some people. the rebels also targeted by homemade shells the regime positions in the neighborhoods of al- Ramosah, Jam’eyyit al- Zahraa and in the village of Handarat in north of Aleppo.
Clashes are taking place in al- Sabe’ Bahrat area and around Old Aleppo between the regime forces, backed by al- Baath battalions, against the rebels and Islamist battalions.
Meanwhile, SOHR received a copy of a statement issued by “the Operation Room of Labbayki Ya Okhtah “, where it has declared that YPG in the neighborhood of al- Sheikh Maqsoud has not abide by the articles of agreement signed with them”. The statement declared that “due to the failure of YPG to comply with the articles of agreement signed with the Operation Room of Labbayki Ya Okhtah and the continuing of offending Muslims the Military Command gives YPG a maximum period of 48 hours to carry out all the agreement articles otherwise the area will be considered military zone.”
In May 3, SOHR received a copy of an agreement held between the Operation Room of “Labbayki Ya Oktah” and YPG in the neighborhood of al- Sheikh Maqsoud in the city of Aleppo. The articles of convention agreed between the two parties are:
- To hand those who beat the sister over to the Sharia committee in the Operation Room of Labbayki Ya Oktah and mediators of sharia judges from “Fa Istaqim Kama Omert” group and the Division 16 in the presence of a representative of YPG during the investigation and trial. It has been agreed that the post of “the sharia committee” is the post of al- Jabha al- Shamiyyah in al- Sheikh Maqsoud.
- To hand the person who confessed to Anas Jarkas of firing over to the same committee in order to follow up the one who opened fire on al- Kastillo and al- Rahba buildings.
- To isolate the checkpoints of the eastern Sheikh Maqsoud from the western Sheikh Maqsoud.
- The neighborhood of al- Sheikh Maqsoud is like all the liberated neighborhoods of Aleppo and is not subject to self- management.
- It is forbidden to inspect women and it is allowed for all factions to come into the neighborhood like all other liberated neighborhoods.
- To release all detainees from all prisons, and the participated factions in the Operation Room of Labbayki Ya Oktah undertake to follow up all the Kurdish detainees in order to work on releasing them.
The implementation of the agreement starts in 5/4/2015, while releasing the detainees starts from the date of issuing this statement and for up to 5 days.
In May 1, SOHR received a copy of footage shows a man saying that the factions of “Ahfad al- Salatin, Abo Amarah Battalions, Ahrar al- Sham Movement, al- Safwah Battalions, The Frist Regiment, Jabhat al- Nusra, Nour al- Dim Zinki Movement, the Kurdish Front, the Division 16, al- Fajer Movement, al- Jabha al- Shamiyyah, Thowar al- Sham Battalions, al- Sham Legion and al- Islam Army” declared “establishing a joint operation room named “Labbayki Ya Oktah and a Sharia committee to follow the cases of the work”. The speaker also said that “in response to the appeal of our people in the neighborhood of al- Sheikh Maqsoud in their different ethnic backgrounds of the Kurds and Arabs, and in order to maintain their rights to peaceful life that reserve their rights and dignity against the repeated assaults carried out by the abusive members of YPG and Asyish the Kurdish and Arab notables of Aleppo decided to take all the legitimate means in order support the oppressed and repel aggression.”