Security chaos in southern Syria | IED explodes near Syrian Golan, causing material damage
SOHR sources have reported an explosion in the regime-controlled city of Al-Baath in Al-Quneitra countryside. The explosion was caused by the detonation of an IED near Al-Quneitra civil registry in Al-Baath city, which caused material damage only.
Yesterday, SOHR sources said that unidentified gunmen assassinated a civilian in front of his house, west of Tafas town in west Daraa countryside, then they escaped.
On the other hand, unknown assailants threw a grenade in Al-Haradin neighbourhood in Tafas, which caused material damage only.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 680 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 450 persons, and they are as follows:
- 123 civilians, including 12 women and 15 children
- 209 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 79 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 22 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.