Daraa security vacuum | Unknown gunmen attack top regime general’s car and house in Al-Sanamayn
Daraa Province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: Reliable SOHR sources say that unknown gunmen threw a stun grenade on the house of a regime brigadier general in Al-Sanamayn city in rural Daraa. Moreover, the gunmen opened fire of the officer’s car, which pushed him to respond by shooting at them. However, no casualties have been reported. It is worth noting that the targeted officer is the “chief of the emergency branch” in Al-Sanamayn.
Yesterday, SOHR sources said that unidentified gunmen assassinated a civilian in front of his house, west of Tafas town in west Daraa countryside, then they escaped.
On the other hand, unknown assailants threw a grenade in Al-Haradin neighbourhood in Tafas, which caused material damage only.
Since the beginning of security chaos in Daraa in early June 2019, Syrian Observatory activists have documented more than 681 attacks and assassination attempts by gunfire and detonations of IEDs, motorcycle-bombs and car-bombs. These attacks and assassinations claimed the lives of 450 persons, and they are as follows:
- 123 civilians, including 12 women and 15 children
- 209 regime soldiers, loyalists and collaborators with regime security services
- 79 fighters of the faction who struck “reconciliation and settlements” deals with the regime and became in the ranks of regime’s security branches, including former commanders
- 23 Syrian militiamen affiliated to the Lebanese Hezbollah and Iranian forces
- 22 members of the so-called 5th Corps which was established by Russia.