Western Idlib | 1st Coastal Division commander killed and his companions injured in attack on their vehicle
Idlib province – Syrian Observatory for Human Rights:
SOHR sources say that unidentified gunmen targeted, this evening, a car carrying a leader with his companions of the first Coastal Division operating in countryside of Latakia, near the village of Za’iniya, west of the city of Jisr al-Shughour in western countryside of Idlib, killing the leader and the others sustained injuries of varying severity .
The number of people who have been killed in the countryside of Idlib, Aleppo, Hama and Latakia since the 26th of April 2018, as the security chaos escalated in the province, rose to 666. They were assassinated by car-bomb attacks, IED detonations, gunfire, abductions, killing and then their bodies were dumped in remote areas.
The breakdown of fatalities is as follows:
- A fighter of Turkistan Islamic Party.
- The wife of an Uzbek commander and another child was with her.
- The attorney-general of the Ministry of Justice of the “Salvation Government”.
- 195 civilians, including 23 children and 19 women.
- 388 fighters of Syrian nationalities belong to Hayyaat Tahrir al-Sham, al-Sham Corps, the Islamic Movement of Ahrar al-Sham, Jaysh al-Izza, and other factions operating in Idlib.
- 70 fighters of Somali, Uzbek, Asian, Gulf, Jordanian, Turkish and Caucasian nationalities.
Meanwhile, the assassination attempts have injured tens of people with varying degrees of severity.